POCKET GUIDE ON EVIDENCE-BASED INSTRUCTION
This Pocket Guide for Evidence-Based Instruction is designed for faculty members to build a more comprehensive teaching toolbox. This reference tool is a valuable resource for both novice and expert faculty members. Great for individual use, new faculty orientations, faculty learning comminities, workshops, and departmental meetings.
The Pocket Guide on Evidence-Based Instruction is designed for faculty members to build a more comprehensive teaching toolbox. Each set addresses Active Learning Strategies, Classroom Assessment Techniques, Collaborative Learning Techniques, and Foundational Learning Concepts. Individual cards describes a specific instructional strategy, suggestions student buy-in, and references.
- Individual Use: Once per week look through the cards and identify a strategy to employ in a given class period.
- New Faculty Orientation: Give the card sets out during new faculty orientation and facilitate a conversation about e ective teaching and what best leads to student learning.
- Faculty Learning Communities: Form an FLC with a goal of working on teaching strategies throughout the academic year. Once per month faculty members in the FLC each identify a card and change her or his teaching based on the card selected over the next month. At the next meeting individuals discuss what was learned and then select a new card for the upcoming month.
- Department Meetings: Give the card sets to faculty members in your department. Set time aside during department meetings and use the card sets to encourage faculty to share implementation suggestions.
Receive 10% off your purchase for orders totalling more than $500 if you apply the discount code: save10
If you would like to order 100+ pocket guides, please contact us directly at: email@example.com
Diana Chesire, Citadel:
"One of the best resources I have ever used for faculty development. Quick tips in an easy to use format for busy faculty. A must have!"
Rod McRae, University of West Virginia:
- Handy go-to for any class session
- Excellent reference tool for lesson building
- It goes with me to every class
- I don't/won't teach without it!
"These pocket guides are truly amazing. The make a great resource for us to give to faculty as a way to help them have quick tips and techniques at their fingertips."